Innovation & information
There is a wealth of research and innovation in this country and beyond. This page gives you some links to what people are doing to make small and large steps towards a food system better for people & planet. If you know of research reports that should be on this page, please let us know.
UK – national
- Food Power. National alliance leading a number of local alliances – of which Food Exeter is one – to tackle food poverty from the bottom up
- Sustainable Food Cities. Food Exeter is one of the UK’s Sustainable Food Cities. Lots of information on this website.
- Royal Society for Arts have set up an in-depth examination into Food, Farming & Countryside
- Fight Hunger, Create Change Programme. A joint initiative, launched February 2018, between Trussell Trust and Fareshares
UK – local
- Greenwich Community Development Agency has done some amazing work on food with local communities
Food Exeter papers
- Short research paper on the benefits of food markets to cities.
- Devon New Economy Initiative. A research paper on sustainable livelihoods in Devon, including expansion of the local food economy.
- The Frome Independent. An amazing street market, run by a not for profit enterprise, with food, performance and arts.
- Vermont Fresh Network is a membership scheme linking producers and consumers.