Food Exeter is about finding ways for more Exeter residents to eat a healthier diet – and enjoy it!
We believe that:
- finding ways to connect consumers to local producers will help raise interest in eating better, especially more vegetables and fewer processed foods
- there are ways to help people reduce their sugar consumption – a key cause of ill health and dental problems
- when people are given the right opportunities & support, they are better able to change their bad food habits
- when people are buying more locally produced fresh food, they are more likely to be cooking healthier meals and reducing their food waste
- Sourcing of local food by businesses, hospitals, schools etc, is a good way of encouraging healthier eating by staff, customers, patients or pupils
We initiated and continue to support the Devon Sugar Smart campaign.